Trip to Google Adwords: How it’s helping Your Business?
- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: Naresh Kumar Soma
- Category: Blog
Did you know? Around 78% of the revenue earned by Google comes from Google Adwords only.
Let’s take a look at the statistics (from April 2017) below to get a brief idea about it:
|Percentage of US Search and Ad Revenue that is earned by Google||77.8%||14/3/17|
|Number of Store visits Google has tracked from ad clicks||4 billion||29/3/17|
|Number of bad ads taken down by Google in 2016||2 billion||17/3/17|
|Percentage of Global Google search Ad clicks that come from desktop||39.6%||30/8/16|
|Percentage of Global Google search Ad clicks that come from smart phones||48.9%||30/8/16|
|Percentage of Global Google search Ad clicks that come from tablets||11.5%||30/8/16|
|Google’s Global net Ad revenue in 2015||$51.81 billion|
|Google’s share of Global net Ad revenue in 2015||30%|
|Average cost per Acquisition for Adwords search Ads||$59.18||23/3/16|
|Average cost per Acquisition for Adwords display Ads||$60.76$||23/3/16|
|Industry with the highest average Adwords cost per acquisition||Legal($135.17)||23/3/16|
|Click Through Rate for a mobile search Ad on Google in first position||27.7%||23/10/14|
What is Adwords?
- Adwords is a Google’s Product used for advertising by businesses.
- It enables businesses to reach customers at the right time and at the right place.
- It charges advertisers certain amount to display their advertisement to the users.
- It is the main source of Google’s revenue since 2012.
- It covers all the local, national, and international distributions.
- It is tool used for SEM (Search Engine Marketing):
SEM is where we pay a search engine (like Google) to get our Ad displayed on the top most place of the SERP Ads section above all other competitor’s Ads.
Tip: Did you know? Google Adwords have Individual accounts for personal use and Business accounts for companies to track your business analytics.
Pre-requisites before starting working on Adwords:
- Perfect website or Landing Page
- Client goals or aims
- Net Banking or Credit Card/ International Debit card
How does it work?
Adwords account structure:
- Campaign Name Adwords Account– Before starting advertising you first need to login into Adwords using your company’s Gmail account
- Campaign– You need to first create a new campaign. Select a campaign type which will have settings like:
♦ Campaign Types
♦ Locations and Languages
♦ Bidding and Budget
♦ Ad Extensions
♦ Additional Settings
- Ad Group– An Ad Group has one or more Ads that have a set of keywords targeted for them. You can set the bids/ prices for the set of keywords or individual keywords as well.
- Advertisement- It is where you will actually create an Ad You can create a text ad whose elements are:
♦ Final URL
♦ Headline 1
♦ Headline 2
Tip: Did you know? Out of all Ads in a Ad Group only one Ad will be participating for an Ad auction in Google Search Engine.
- Keyword Match Types- There are four keyword match types in Adwords. They are:
- Phrase Match
- Broad Match
- Negative Match
- Modified Broad Match
- Exact Match
- Phrase Match contains phrases and close variations of that phrase.
- Broad Match has variations, close matches, LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords, grammatical errors, etc.
- Negative Match your Ads will not be shown for those keywords.
- Modified Broad Match terms can be in any order but will not show results for LSI keywords or variations.
- Exact Match search results for only those terms will get displayed.
- Campaign types:
There are six campaign types available in Google Adwords. They are:
- Search Network with Display Select
- Search Network Only
- Display Network Only
- Universal app Campaign
- Search Network with Display select- It is the best among the other campaigns. It shows your Ads in Google Search Partners and Google Display Networks (GDN). It will help you in gaining Leads and Conversions and Building your Brand.
- Search Network Only- It is useful for small and medium online businesses who offer services. This campaign will show your ads in Google search results and its Partners.
- Shopping- It is useful for e-commerce businesses who would like to showcase their multiple products online using ads.
- Display network only- It must be used by businesses who want to create Brand Awareness online. It will display Ads in Google Display Networks (GDN).
- Video- It is useful for businesses who want user engagement and enhanced sales and conversions for their products using Video Ads on YouTube, etc.
- Universal App Campaign- If you have an Android App and want to promote it across the Google Network, this one will be the best for you. It will not only promote your App but also increase its Android Device installations.
There are two types of Bid strategies: Manual and Automated Bid Strategies.
- Manual Bid Strategy: It has only one option:
- Manual CPC (Cost-Per-Click) – It enables you to set a bid manually according to your daily budget.
- Automated Bid strategy: These are of six types:
- Target Search Page Location- Google will set a bid to make sure the advertiser is ranked on the top position.
- Target CPA- Google sets a bid to make sure maximum numbers of conversions are delivered to your website.
- Target ROAS (Return on Ad Spend) – Google will attempt to achieve the target you set by regulating the bid value according to your daily budget.
- Target Outranking Share- Google will set a bid value so that you beat or outrank your competitor’s bid value.
- Maximize Clicks– Google will set a bid value automatically to make sure your Ad the maximum number of clicks.
- Enhanced CPC- Google sets a bid value automatically to make sure your website gets clicks which are more likely to convert.
Why to use Adwords for your Business:
- It will help you to reach the RIGHT CUSTOMERS at the RIGHT TIME, RIGHT PLACE.
- It helps you in reaching your local customers
- It will help you by showing your location to the customers.
- It enables you to show your contact information to the customers.
- It will help you in targeting searches more particularly.
- It will help you choose who, when and where can see your Ad
- It can also help you select where you do not want your Ad to get displayed.
- Retarget your customers more efficiently.
- Helps your business in Branding
- Helps in reaching your business goals such as sales, conversions, store visits, etc.
- Your business will get a fast ROI (Return on Investment) if Adwords is implemented properly.
Tip: Did you know? You can setup your Adwords Express account for online advertising and earn more traffic and transactions.
After reading this article, you must have got a clearer picture about: What Google Adwords really is? How it is helping your business in promotions, advertising, building brand image, creating brand awareness and targeting your customers more effectively.
So, are you ready to set-up your very own Business Account on Adwords?
For more information:
Go to the official channel of Google Adwords.