Is Facebook marketing is useful for hospitals ?
- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: Naresh Kumar Soma
- Category: Blog
Is Facebook marketing is useful for hospitals?
As Health Care is getting Digital more and more with the Time. They find Social Media as a Potential Marketing Platform this day.Billion people are present on Facebook, it shows that Businesses from all over the World made their presence Imperative, so have the Indian Hospitals. The Hospital should take an initiative to share facts and myths about Medical
Tips to Patients by videos, images and even through an application that helps them.in and in a research 41 % of Patients say Social Media affects them choosing a Hospital.
It is Important to understand how Facebook is helping Hospital to attract Potential customers and share Information with the Patient to choose one out of them.
According to research 47% of the Hospital in India using Facebook for marketing. For which, only 35% of the Hospitals were highly active on Facebook, with every 5 updates going on a daily basis. Apollo Hospitals was one such.
Benefits of using Facebook for Healthcare Marketing:
- Facebook is (almost) free and have your Free Account and it’s quick to get started.
- Facebook extends your reputation and branding message. What you say about yourself, and the way you present the message is part of your brand and your reputation.
- Facebook boosts search engine visibility and visitor traffic.creating a Facebook page and linking to your website, blog, YouTube Channel and other online locations can increase your visibility with Search Engines
- Prospective new patients come from Facebook.For many (although not all) professions, a properly presented Facebook presence can produce patient prospects, new patients, referrals and repeat business.
Facebook Marketing Tips For Hospitals:-
TIP 1: Don’t just promote yourself share content:-
Post tip and advice that people are interested in such as:
• Wellness Tips
• Prevention Information
Hospitals really need to focus on creating unique content that will be memorable and useful to their audience.Not only people like the post they will comment and share.
TIP 2: Use pictures for Impact and interest:-
• Put pictures and videos in many of your posts, particularly to be seen on the Facebook news feed.
• Consider creating a narrative out of pictures and posting them on sequential days of the week. You will tell a better story that way, and you will keep people engaged.
• Babies and “cute” picture get a lot of attention.
• Remember that hospital is scary places. Look for pictures that communicate joy and hope.
TIP 3: – Foster community pride:-
• Local events
• Things for families to do
• Sport teams
There is nothing like a sports fan and that is always bound to draw attention and get you some likes!
Families are always looking for weekend and healthy activities. If your Facebook page becomes an “event resource” for your community, you will encourage even more likes and engagement.
TIP4: -Write Relevant Headlines for your audience:-
• Headlines should be Conversational and descriptive headlines.
• Headlines focused on personal experience.
• Headlines that aren’t misleading.
TIP5: -don’t fade in and out:-
• Post regularly. at least every other day.
• Don’t let people have time to forget about you.
• And it’s ok to brag a little .. sometimes people like it.
• Everyday health tips, easy to follow advice and facts that most of us need to know.
• Live chat conversations from specialized doctors on Facebook are smart ways adapted to keep their fans active.
• Some hospitals are also creating awareness in their updates about exercises and good food habits.
Highlights and USPs:-
- Fortis has an amazing goodwill amongst all its patients. It gives quick responses to any feedback or query posted on its page.uniqueness in their updates, Wockhardt is aiming to cover different sections of the health and fitness all this keeping their followers engaged.They also have their apps for the Back specialist, Knee specialist etc.
- Most of the pages are giving advice or tips on maintaining or preventing lifestyle diseases.
- Apollo Hospitals is also hosting live chats on Facebook that allows people to post questions on a particular topic that is announced as a status update and people are allowed to ask questions pertaining to it.
- Recent research conducted by the Content Marketing Institute indicates that 76% of all marketers use paid advertising to extend the reach.
- Using Facebook to reach target audiences. We can reach local as well as global audiences. Here, demographic targeting is also available according to their interest also.
- Ad scheduling and retargeting are also available on Facebook.
- The most important feature of Facebook Paid Advertising is that analytics is available. We can analyze for which ad we are creating traffic and from which we are getting conversions in this way we can improve ad optimization and perform well in advertising to our target audience.
We can use Facebook for advertising effectively and increasing brand awareness, but you should do it carefully as while presenting yourself on Facebook we are directly and indirectly connecting to our target audience. Try to share information with people. Don’t just promote yourself, keep your audience engaged.
References :- Soravjain.com