India Towards Digital Marketing
- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: Naresh Kumar Soma
- Category: Blog
Digital Marketing in a different way connecting and informing people across the Globe.The government of India which is world’s largest democracy having numerous digital initiatives towards development.It is also the country with the second largest population.The current government lead by Mr. Narendra Modi is working on Digital India Program.
Services of Digital India:
Vision of Digital India:
- Governance and Services on demand
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens.
For Digital Government they come up with the idea of:
- MyGov Website
- Vikaspedia Website
MyGov Website: MyGov Website empowers the citizens to Get Together, Discuss and Rectify the Issues prevailing in the society. It is a platform where the citizen’s report, manage and rectify the issues existing in their own cities. The actions reported and taken are directly dealt with by the PMO. This initiative enabled the central government to get to know the issues at the grass root level.
Vikaspedia Website: Vikaspedia website is a portal developed to cater to the daily questions of every citizen. It covers extensively the areas of Agriculture, Health, Education, Social Welfare, Energy, and E-Governance.
‘Digital India’ Campaign:
In a major paradigm shift from the past, the Government of India has embarked upon a New & Ambitious ‘Digital India’ program, this program has 3 basic objectives –
- Digital Infrastructure as a Utility to every individual, High-speed broadband service as a utility for every citizen, Cradle-to-grave digital identity to every citizen, Shared online space on a public cloud network, Secure & sound cyberspace for everyone.
- Governance and Services on Demand, Availability of basic & fundamental services to every citizen through online medium & a mobile-friendly platform, cutting down the burden of paper-based financial transactions by making it cashless & electronic based.
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens. Making people aware and connected with each other, All the government issued Documents and Certificates to be made available digitally on the shared public cloud.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the event of flagging off of ‘Digital India’ program in New Delhi on July 2015, said that,
“I dream of a Digital India where 1.2 billion connected Indians drive innovation, A Digital India where the world looks to India for the next innovation, where ICT-enabled citizen-government interface is incorruptible, where high-speed digital highways unite the nation, where the government is open and governance is transparent.”
He further added that “E-governance is going to change into m-governance or mobile governance. Mobile governance is going to be a reality soon”,
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Speech Regarding Digital Marketing:-
Objective of Digital India Campaign:-
Some of the objectives that have been declared by the government are:
- ‘National Optical Fibre Network’ (NOFN) program which aims to improve the Optic-Fibre infrastructure nationwide.
- ‘e-Sign framework’ which allows citizens to digitally sign their documents online using Aadhaar card.
- ‘Digital Locker Platform’ which will reduce the usage of physical documents and enable their e-sharing via govt. registered portals.
- ‘Bharat Net program’ as a high-speed digital platform which will connect more than 250,000-gram panchayats of country & to bring them under a common platform to provide them basic & fundamental govt. services with ease.
- Reframing the ‘outsourcing policy’ to create centers in small towns across the country.
- Along with some other major programs this whole project is projected at 113,000 crores, which will prepare the nation towards a Knowledge-based transformation.
Strategy for Digital India Campaign:-
- Financial dealings by Central Government Ministries/Departments and their organizations will be made in cashless mode.
- Digital literacy training is also being provided in small towns & villages across the country.
The initiative which is taken under Digital India Campaign:-
- Unreserved Ticket Through Mobile Application (UTS APP): –In order to promote paperless economy, Indian Railways has launched its new UTS on the mobile application.
- UMANG: –UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance) is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India program to develop a common, unified platform and mobile app to facilitate a single point of access to all government services.
- UDAAN: –Udaan is a special initiative to address the needs of the educated unemployed in Jammu & Kashmir (J&K).
- Smart Cities: –Government of India launched the Smart Cities Mission.Its objective is to promote renewal and comprehensive cities that provide core infrastructure and give a standard quality of life to its citizens and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions.
- Single Window Interface For Trade (SWIFT): –The government of India has implemented an initiative, “Ease of Doing Business”. It is a Single Window Project that facilitates Trading Across Borders of India. This gives importers and exporters the facility to place their legal authenticated documents online at a single point.
- Shaala Darpan: –KV Shaala Darpan is an e-Governance platform for all Kendriya Vidyalayas in the country. It aims to improve the quality of learning.
- Pusa Krishi: –With the vision to take technology to the farm fields, Pusa Krishi application was developed. The app helps the farmers to find easy solutions to problems in their farm fields and get information about weather and accordingly take measures to save crops.
Indian Government is taking so many Initiatives towards Digital India and working towards the development of the Nation.