How to get Leads from SEO
- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: Naresh Kumar Soma
- Category: Blog
SEO (Search Engine Marketing) falls under the wide domain of Digital Marketing. SEO helps businesses in generating Traffic, Leads, and Creating Brand Image which are necessary factors for the survival and success of any business.
SEO helps businesses in reaching the potential customers at the right. It enables them in generating leads by increasing the visibility of their websites in Organic search results of a Search Engine.
SEO falls under the most popular marketing method that is searched among keywords by users. (Digital Marketing, 2014)
- Keywords optimization will help you take most advantage of SEO. Research on customers’ preferences to know more about the relevant keywords to use on your website to meet their needs and wants.
- The search frequency of keywords must be high.
- Don’t use keywords with high competition as they will decrease your chances of getting on the top of SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
- Choose only those keywords which are relevant to your business.
- Make customers your first priority not the keywords. Don’t stuff your website with unnecessary keywords to get SEO results. As customer wants an informational as well as quality content. Bots will also like your website if you serve fresh and rich content to your users and give you a ranking preference over your competitors.
72% marketers agree that optimizing website for relevant content is one of the best SEO practices. (Ascend2, 2015)
♦ Make your websites mobile-friendly as number of Smartphone users are increasing day by day.
Google will consider mobile-friendliness as a criterion for ranking websites. (GoogleSupport, 2015)
♦ SEO helps businesses by creating a sense of trust among users and making them loyal customers.
95% companies believe that their brand loyalty will increase if the people find them on Google even if they are not looking for them specifically. (Regalix, 2014)
♦ Use your company’s contact number as a part of your SEO strategy.
It is believed that there will be around 73 billion phone calls generated using mobile searches by the end of 2018.The phone calls using mobile search is increasing at the rate of 42% per year. (Acquisio, 2014)
♦ You are more likely to get conversions if the users see your business on rather than any other social platforms.
Conversions rates on desktop searches become 10% higher on Google as compared to Social Media Platforms. (Perform Insider, 2015)
♦ Decrease the loading time of your website as search engines like a website which loads faster. Even the traffic and conversion rate will increase as customers will instantly get what they are looking for.
Optimize the SEO On-Page factors such as:
- H1 tags (there must be atleast one h1 tag)
- Title tags (appropriate title must be provided)
- Meta description (relevant description according to content)
- Meta keywords (use only necessary and high frequency keywords)
- URL (the URL must be user-friendly)
If the above parameters are optimized correctly and user finds them attractive then they will surely click on your webpage.
- The Internal Linking Structure of your website must be proper and must not contain any broken links as it may bother the user and increase the bounce rate of your website.
- The images you use must be relevant to the website’s content. It makes the content look more attractive and the user engagement will also increase if you add them.
Image elements must be optimized correctly:
- Image Title
- Alt text or Tag
- Image size
- Image Caption
Search Bots will identify the image according to the above factors as they cannot see the actual image. So optimize these factors properly in order to get your image displayed to the users who are looking for your something similar to it.
- You can also use techniques such as Guest Blogging, Directory Submissions, Social Bookmarking, Social Media and Link Sharing. These techniques will help you increase the visibility of your website to your potential customers and get leads.
- You can also include a form on your website asking for visitors details so that you can get back to them later. This will keep the customers engaged and you can get information about them such as what topics they are interested in? , personal preferences, their site behavior etc. so that you can improve your traffic rate according to that.
- You can also use Google My Business and Bing Places that will allow you to display your business hours, phone numbers and office directions on Google Maps and Maps. This helps you in your SEO efforts as whenever queries for your services arrive from users your business gets listed.
- You must build high quality links from credible sources that are relevant to your website’s content in order to gain good amount of traffic from them.
- Ask your customers to give positive reviews to your business. As good reviews build trust and brand image of the company in front of other users which might visit your website become your loyal customers as well.
After reading the document one must be able to get the advantages of using SEO for Lead Generation for a business by using several techniques. These techniques involve On-Page Techniques which will be the look and feel part of your website and Off-Page Techniques are the activities that one can perform outside the boundaries of the website. If implemented properly, these techniques can bring traffic and loyal customers to the company’s website which will in turn help the company in getting more leads and rankings compared to their competitors.