Amazing facts! How Baahubali: The Beginning used Social media
Baahubali: The Beginning
Is a 2015 Indian bilingual epic historical fiction movie directed by S. S. Rajamouli. Produced through Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni, it’s the first of two cinematic parts. The film was once at the same time made in Telugu and Tamil and dubbed into Hindi, Malayalam and French languages. A fictional story of two warring brothers fighting for manage of an historic Indian kingdom, it stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannaah and Anushka Shetty in lead roles. Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj,Nassar, Adivi Sesh, Tanikella Bharani and Sudeep show up in helping roles. The background score and Soundtrack had been composed by M. M. Keeravani . The cinematography, editing, artwork course and visual effects supervision have been achieved by K.K.Senthil Kumar, Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao, Sabu Cyril and V. Srinivas Mohan respectively.
The film(First part) made on a price range of र120 crore (US$18 million) released globally on 10 July 2015 with positive reviews from critics, and grew to become the highest grossing Indian movie inside India and 3rd highest grossing Indian film globally. It became the first south Indian movie to gross over र600 crore (US$90 million) worldwide and the first non-Hindi film to gross over र100 crore (US$15 million) in dubbed Hindi version in India. It is also the highest grossing Telugu movie of all time.
The International version of the movie, edited by Vincent Tabaillon. International version of the movie is scheduled to be launched in China,Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar together with some European and Latin American nations.
Post Production Works and Technology used in Baahubali:
Baahubali: The Beginning is the most important VFX movie in Indian film history. Around 90% of the final output is completed by means of various visual effects approaches similar to rotoscoping, chroma elimination, wire removing, 2D and 3D monitoring, match moving, colour correction, are live action shooting and CG (3D Computer Graphics) integration, matte painting and camera projections. Around 2000 junior artists were in reside action shooting. As per the legit records, total 17 VFX studios and 600+ 3D Animation and visual effects Artists labored to finish the post production of the film. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram and different social media services are populated with various graphics of before and after making use of VFX technology in Bahubali. One of the vital nice things : it’s not in 3D stereoscopic format, it is in 2D structure. So, viewers concentrate extra on story.
Before the Release:
- Baahubali is an Indian, regional period based movie, now popularized across the country as most expensive movie (INR 2.5 Billion) in India, until date. The announcement of price range constructed a significant expectation for the movie. The movie team has cautiously managed close to public for each information released: public appearances, cast and crew interviews, media write ups, briefings, announcements. Usual movie goers in the south of India followed the movie updates, for entire two years.
- The making video set the ground. It confirmed 1 year of Pre-production work, ‘that much’ never heard of earlier. The sketches, building items, animated discussions of the crew, big installations and war machines – the whole lot about the video was was fantastic.
- The teasers took people to an imaginary world. The promise from the teasers used to be fabulous grandeur of Indian mythological story, which was only seen in magazines. The trailer promises for full entertainment movie and it stood proper on the expectations.
- NDTV and National media have given adequate coverage. Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan and Karan Johar were involved. BBC, Guardian covered the film in different situations. Without doubt a way of pleasure for a regional language movie.
- Months into the eagerness, rumors and hypothesis of the viewers, the teaser was launched. It didn’t furnish any recommendations related to the plot of the movie, but gave a sense that the movie goes to be freaking strong. The teasers had been stuffed with lovely and beautiful visuals, and set an influence of what to anticipate from the film. The lesson is that corporations must be equipped to create frenzy anticipation.
- The final trailers furnished the glimpse into the plot. After this trailer, followed extensive merchandising via interviews, chats on twitter from the crew and cast, magazine covers, blogs, introduction of the strong names and characters – the whole thing was once cautiously and thoughtfully released and goes viral in and outside the internet.
- The presenters adopted the Apple approach- Unaffordable & Unavailable. The psychological pricing suggestion. The tickets were unaffordable and unavailable too. Getting a ticket was a moment of pride.
- The movie’s promotional effort certainly teaches fairly a couple of advertising lessons. The merchandising method made mainstream commercials unavoidable to any one with newspaper, television, film, web, mobile or street-aspect billboard entry.
- What desires to be informed to the public and what no longer, used to be extremely well organized. The workforce has taken severe measures of secrecy throughout the shoot, and guarded very closely. There used to be a video ‘leaked’, but i would say it helped the movie greater than inflicting any damage. Each advertising transfer was once good-crafted. Move-platform advertising and marketing was once meticulously finished to inspire viral sharing. It’s so boring to use one channel. Businesses must use each possible platform, so they used Twitter, websites, Magazines, Campaigns, Interviews, Print and information channels, Radio, Whatsapp and Posters.
Baahubali wisely used social media:
Baahubali made use of every possible platform. Amongst all social media plays a key role:
‘Baahubali’ appears to be quite a hit on the social media having:
- 26.42 lakh likes(people) on Facebook Page
- 1.48 lakh followers on Twitter Profile
- 1.38 lakh subscribers on Youtube channel
Baahubali on Facebook:
- The makers of “Baahubali: The beginning” had used Facebook to the fullest extent for its promoting. Director SS Rajamouli used it right from its announcement in 2013 to its released dates. Apart from building up curiosity degree, the director accrued a bulk number of followers for the movie.
- The cast of this film had kept updates during their long shoot. The Facebook pages of lead cast of Baahubali movie that keep us updated are Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah and few other.
- Months earlier than its release, “Baahubali: The beginning” began trending on facebook with many individuals talking about it. The hype grew noticeably as the release date neared. After its release, the movie became probably the most talked about subject not only in India, but additionally throughout the globe. Baahubali: The beginning also stands in 4th place among the many top 10 most discussed topics on facebook in 2015 after prime Minister Narendra Modi, E-commerce Boom and late President and scientist APJ Abdul Kalam.
Baahubali on Twitter:
- Social media platform Twitter performed a key role in the advertising of the movie; a process that started on January 17, 2013 with the construction of the movie’s professional Twitter handle as @BaahubaliMovie.
- The exact promotions started a month afterward February 17, 2013 when the first Telugu hash tag(#) ever was created for the film and tweeted by the director. SS Rajamouli Launched First Telugu Hashtag #బాహుబలివస్తున్నాడు on Twitter for ‘Baahubali’ advertising. Telugu hash tag (#) launched on February 2013 was trended nationally, which offers an concept of the reach it received.
- Currently, the official film account has 1.48 lakh followers with 2,474 tweets. Some of the hash tags used on twitter for Baahubali: The Beginning that gone viral and trended on twitter are: #LiveTheEpic, #బాహుబలివస్తున్నాడు, #BaahubaliTeaser, #BaahubaliTrailer, #BaahubaliisComing, #BaahubaliRelease, #BaahubaliStorm, #BaahubaliOnMaa, #BaahubaliOnMax, #Baahubali.
Baahubali on YouTube:
- The official trailer of Telugu version crossed 4 million views just within two weeks on YouTube, now it gone more than 1.26 crore(12.6 million) views.
- The teasers released on YouTube on the occasion of the Birthdays of lead roles played in this movie, paid a great attention and curiosity from the viewers and gone viral on Facebook, Twitter and many other social media through sharing.
- From the starting of Baahubali: The beginning, it used Social media and mainly used Youtube channel to share the video post, on YouTube as “Casting Call for Baahubali with SS Rajamouli and Prabhas” on Jan 16th, 2013 to select the interested and eligible individuals to perform in war sequence of the film.
Facts & Achievements of Baahubali: The Beginning
- The movie took more than 3 years to get completed.
- The pre production part and scripting took 1 year.
- Live action shooting took 2 years.
- Post production, VFX, Editing, Sound matching and correcting took more than six months.
- Internet is flooded with Bahubali VFX shots before and after images and videos.
- Baahubali: The Beginning is the biggest VFX film in Indian film history.
- Baahubali poster enters into Guinness Book of World Records and Limca Book of World Records. The production team held an event in Kerala where they revealed Baahubali movie poster measuring 51,968 sq ft and got entry as the biggest poster of motion picture in both the books.
- Only film that has been featured on BBC documentary
- The music album became the best seller on iTunes.
- On IMDB, it got the rating 8.7 / 10.
- Used the Latest Technology: VFX, Dolby Atmos and advanced CGI.
- On the very first day of the release, it generated profit of around 50 Crores which is the highest first day collection in the history of Indian cinema.
- This is first Indian war movie which stood in the category of Hollywood war movies such as Troy and 300.
- This is the first time when any regional movie from India is getting outstanding applause in the world market.
- It became the first south Indian film to gross over Rs.600 crores worldwide and the first non-Hindi film to gross over 100 crores in dubbed Hindi version in India. It is also the highest-grossing Telugu film of all time.
- The film when aired on television got the highest TRP ever both in telugu and hindi.
- The filmmakers have also created history by making it available on YouTube in 4K resolution, making it the first Indian film in YouTube with 4K resolution.
- Thus Baahubali became a landmark movie in Indian cinema.
- Baahubali (Bahubali) Hindi version wins 5th position in Google Play Movies. While the top 4 are “Jurassic World” claims the first slot, followed by “Mission Impossible”, “Southpaw” and “The Hunger Games”.
- “Baahubali: The Beginning” has become the fourth facebook’s Top Topics of 2015 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, E-commerce Boom, and late President and scientist APJ Abdul Kalam.
- “Baahubali: The Beginning” has landed in the second place in Google(India) in the list of the trending searches of 2015 & First place in Google(India) in the list of trending movies of the year 2015
It is said that Baahubali had utilized social media in a way that was refreshed, grabbed the attention of the viewers eagerly to see something new on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Baahubali gave them exactly what they wanted in way they did not expect, and that’s where they stood out with their digital marketing campaign. There was positive buzz online, with hash tags populated most ‘Trends’ lists during the months leading up to the movie’s release and the Facebook feed was never at a loss for promotion.
Source: Wikipedia, ibtimes, Anuradha thota(linkedin)